Some Discover cardmembers were encouraged to gamify their Cashback Bonus earnings, set goals, and track their spending through a personalized animated dashboard.
Each cardmember was also able to take a preview tour of the new features, set their goal, browse their recent transaction history, and get details on each month's progress.
Paccar needed a responsive site tailored specifically for their Parts & Service customers.
The Parts & Service website created a portal for Peterbilt and Kenworth customers to receive customized coupons and monthly offers, locate their closest dealer, get up-to-date news, and track the status of their loyalty card.
Discover offers a customized matrix of benefit descriptions to prospective cardmembers, depending on targeted user data and specific promotions.
A custom mobile version of the Craftsman Club website and shopping cart.
A custom mobile version of the Kmart Fashion websites, fashion lookbook portfolios, embedded videos, and shopping cart.
A compressed splash page asking Kmart and Sears customers to accept legal agreements before using the store's Wi-Fi network.
A custom mobile version of the holiday Toy Wall shopping sites, tied into QR codes from bus kiosks and billboards.
Complete mobile shopping cart and payment processing site. (More pages here)
Extensive site redesign, requiring maximal browser compatibility, building a custom content CMS and implementing JSP and XSL transformations of XML data.
Designed and developed two responsive sister sites for the sales and account teams, which allowed them to bring up the most recent station traffic stats, marketing information, and specs for ad sales while on the go.
Developed a responsive site based on WordPress, created CMS documentation for content experts, and integrated a custom user workflow.
Challenge: Some categories of content overlapped, which made tagging and finding certain articles difficult. A re-classification was needed with a minimum of re-tagging effort for the users.
Process: As the content experts entered articles into the CMS pre-launch, it became clearer which categories were redundant or confusing. Several discussions with the client revealed business objectives that were affecting the naming of a specific hierarchy.
Solution: A few categories were deleted entirely for clarity in classification, and a high-level category was renamed to fit both its contents and the business criteria. All articles became more logically accessible, while only minor changes were needed to the navigation.
Challenge: The client requested streamlining their Open Enrollment portal, to make it easier for employees to update their benefits and to find all the information they needed. Unfortunately, I discovered the actual enrollment system resided on an external site which was not editable.
Process: I mapped out the user's journey on the external enrollment site, and then correlated each step with the information on the portal site (e.g. forms, calculators and charts). I asked questions such as:
Solution: I offered an outline for complete reorganization of the portal content, recommending that the portal site open a new window to make it easier for the user to get the appropriate information step-by-step while completing the forms on the external site. I also recommended deletion or relocation of unnecessary and irrelevant content, and suggested setting up questionnaires and user testing after the update.
Challenge: The client needed a responsive brochure site that would generate appropriate SEO matches for new business, as well as to provide vital information for existing customers. Their site needed to look clean, modern, professional, trustworthy and knowledgeable.
Process: I asked the client for a list of their favorite comparable sites for visual comparison, and asked them to define their target customer. We worked together to assemble a list of important keywords for SEO strategies and descriptive copy.
Solution: I narrowed down and organized the content categories to keep the site simple and effective. To add to the trust factor of the site, the client gathered testimonials from satisfied customers.
Challenge: The client needed wireframes for a contest microsite that needed to be built for an upcoming holiday deadline.
Process: After receiving a creative brief and breakdown from the project manager, I worked in parallel with the designer to make sure the wires matched the vision of the creative team and the client. I also coordinated in advance with the developer, to make sure the functionality represented in the wires was feasible under the extremely short deadline.
Using functional copy and empty placeholder images, instead of example copy and sample images, helped focus the client and emphasize that the wires were a blueprint to show the flow the site. This allowed development work to begin earlier in the project, while creative changes were still being made.
persona spectrum, personae and scenarios (complete report available on request)
Our team studied how DePaul students use the Desire 2 Learn (D2L) learning management system for their regular class activities, as well as their overall feelings on the effectiveness of the system as a whole. We performed observations, created an affinity map, interviewed students and coded the transcripts, and then constructed a survey, before detailing our analysis and findings in a final report.
Interactive infographic made with d3js using statistics gathered
for the NPR and WBEZ news quiz show, Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!.
Infographic sorting AOC-certified French cheeses by region, type of milk, and certification date
Wireframe for a context-aware mobile site for users shopping for a new car.
A simple process flow chart demonstrating the decisions made while making bison chili.
A challenge to build a custom wireframe for a "nutritious" website for one of my favorite bands, Kraftwerk.